Nexam Chemical Holding AB (publ) Interim Report 1 January – 30 June 2019
27 percent sales growth in quarter
Second quarter at a glance
• Production and sales records for Nexam Chemical as a group for both half year and quarter.
• Significant sales growth within Nexam Chemical’s NEXIMID®- and NEXAMITE®-based range where
products for PET foam production are particularly strong and show the greatest increase in volume.
• Continued strong growth in the high-performance area, both in North America and Asia.
• Sales of more standardized materials in the master batch area at the same level as in the previous quarter, with
the exception of our Hungarian operations, where sales increased by approximately 25% during the year.
• Intensified regulatory work for REACH registration of several of our products and raw materials as a
result of increasing volumes.
• Implementation of a warrant program in which the entire management team participates.
• Net sales for the second quarter amounted to SEK 35,195,000 (27,623,000).
• Profit before depreciation (EBITDA) for the quarter was SEK 326,000 (- 471,000).
• Cash flow from the operating activities during the quarter amounted to SEK -2,588,000
(- 2,257,000), which is a significant improvement compared to the first quarter (-14,521,000).
• Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK – 0.03 (- 0.04) for the quarter.
Key events after the end of the period
• On August 1, Marcus Nyberg assumed the position as new CFO for Nexam Chemical.
Lomma 20 August 2019
The Board of Directors
These financial statements have not been reviewed by the Company´s auditor.
Note: This press release has been translated from Swedish. The Swedish text shall govern for all purposes and prevail in case of any discrepancy with the English version.
For further information please contact:
Johan Arvidsson, CEO, +46-708 97 44 39, email@example.com
This information is information that Nexam Chemical Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:30 CET on August 20, 2019.
About Nexam Chemical
Nexam Chemical develops technology and products that make it possible to significantly improve the production process and properties of most types of plastics in a cost-effective manner and with retained production technology. The improved properties include strength, toughness, temperature and chemical resistance as well as service life. The improvements in properties that can be achieved by using Nexam Chemical’s technology make it possible to replace metals and other heavier or more expensive materials with plastics in a number of applications. In applications where plastic is already used, Nexam Chemicals products can improve the manufacturing process, reducing material use and enable more environmental friendly alternatives. Example of commercial applications: pipe manufacturing, foam production and high-performance plastics. More information about the business will be found on http://www.nexamchemical.com. The company´s Certified Adviser is FNCA Sweden AB. FNCA Sweden AB can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +46-8 528 00 399.