In addition to the offer to the polymer industry, Nexam Chemical supports clients with advanced process development and manufacture of various substances. Nexam Chemical in St Andrews has capability to produce volumes ranging from a few grams of test substances up to multi ton volumes. The production site is certified according to ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14001-2015 and OHSAS 18001-2007. The analytical capability is comprehensive, both with in-house instrumentation and through our partners. The team in St Andrews is highly experienced in process development, production and regulatory aspects of this.
Today we produce several specific functional substances. Examples of these are PBO (1,3-phenylene-bis-oxazoline) and PMDA (pyromellitic di-anhydride). These products are used in various applications in the polymer industry. Examples are
- Upgrading of (recycled) PET, PBT, and various polyamides
- Polymer alloys (PET/polyamide, PBT/polyamide, PC/PBT)
- Improved hydrolytic stability in polyesters, polycarbonates.
- Recycling Acid scavenger
- Melt viscosity modification
- Epoxy hardener, printing, paint & coating, coatings, resin manufacture