Nexam Chemical Holding AB (publ) Interim Report 1 January – 31 March 2019
First quarter at a glance
- Sales record during first quarter with sales amounting to SEK 31,754,000 (27,041,000).
- Sales growth within Nexam Chemicals NEXIMID®- and NEXAMITE®-based products.
- Continuously increased order flow from PET-foam producers.
- Good sales development within high performance segment.
- Sales of color and functional masterbatch at the same level as last year.
- On February 15, Johan Arvidsson assume the position as new CEO for Nexam Chemical.
- Net sales for the first quarter totaled SEK 31,754,000 (27,041,000).
- The operating loss before depreciation (EBITDA) for the quarter SEK - 1,650,000 (- 901,000).
- Result has been affected by non-recurring costs of approximately SEK 1.5 million.
- Compared to the beginning of the year, cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 35,448,000 (53,705,000).
- Cash flow from operating activities during quarter was SEK - 14,251,000 (- 5,307,000), of which changes in working capital, as a result of the increasing sales, affected cash flow with SEK - 11,929,000.
- Result per share before and after dilution for the quarter was SEK - 0.06 (-0.06).
Key events after the end of the period
- Marcus Nyberg appointed new CFO in Nexam Chemical. He will assume his position on August 1st, 2019.
Lomma 7 May 2019
The Board of Directors
These financial statements have not been reviewed by the Company´s auditor.
Note: This press release has been translated from Swedish. The Swedish text shall govern for all purposes and prevail in case of any discrepancy with the English version.
For further information please contact:
Johan Arvidsson, CEO, +46-708 97 44 39, email@example.com
This information is information that Nexam Chemical Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on May 7, 2019.
About Nexam Chemical
Nexam Chemical develops technology and products that make it possible to significantly improve the production process and properties of most types of plastics in a cost-effective manner and with retained production technology. The improved properties include strength, toughness, temperature and chemical resistance as well as service life. The improvements in properties that can be achieved by using Nexam Chemical's technology make it possible to replace metals and other heavier or more expensive materials with plastics in a number of applications. In applications where plastic is already used, Nexam Chemicals products can improve the manufacturing process, reducing material use and enable more environmental friendly alternatives. Example of commercial applications: pipe manufacturing, foam production and high-performance plastics. More information about the business will be found on www.nexamchemical.com. The company´s Certified Adviser is FNCA Sweden AB. FNCA Sweden AB can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +46-8 528 00 399.